Sleep under the stars in Australia and New Zealand’s most spectacular spaces. Discover more than 200 out-of-this-world camping hotspots in this epic guide that features breathtaking wild camping pitches, picturesque glamping sites, scenic campgrounds, cabins, huts and more – with practical details and expert tips for an adventure like no other.
Set up camp under the night sky with this inspiring collection of camping locations across Australia and New Zealand. Divided into 10 regional chapters, budding and experienced campers will find an incredible compendium of little-known sites along the coastline, in renowned national parks, or deep in the bush. Essential practical information including the facilities available, when to go, how to get there and details of what makes each campsite so unique and special will accompany each recommendation – making it easier than ever before to plan the ultimate camping trip.
Inside Under the Stars Australia and New Zealand:
– More than 200 of the best places to spend the night under canvas in Australia and New Zealand
– Divided into 10 regional chapters and organised by each of Australia’s eight states and territories as well as New Zealand’s North and South Islands
– Full-page activity features provide a deep-dive of must-try experiences and local highlights in each region
– Includes practical information and essential details on hazards and laws, traditional customs, best practice for leave-no-trace travelling, and maps that show the position of each camping spot
– Features full colour photography throughout and a beautifully illustrated front cover
Inspire a love for the great outdoors with this bucket list book of sights to sleep under the stars. Whether you’re looking to reconnect with nature on your next big adventure or you know someone who wants to explore Australia and New Zealand off-the-beaten-track, this trusty guide equips you for the ultimate camping experience.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world’s number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
Sleep under the stars in Australia and New Zealand's most spectacular spaces. Discover more than 200 out-of-this-world camping hotspots in this epic guide that features breathtaking wild camping pitches, picturesque glamping sites, scenic campgrounds, cabins, huts and more – with practical details and expert tips for an adventure like no other.