Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. That's when things started really going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.
Can Percy find the lightning bolt before a fully fledged WAR OF THE GODS ERUPTS?
Other Cool Books
- 999 Tadpoles Find a New Home - Ken Kimura
- Alice-Miranda in New York - Jacqueline Harvey
- Angel Arias - Marianne de Pierres
- Bear and the Wildcat - Kazumi Yumoto
- Burn Bright - Marianne de Pierres
- Drop Dead, Mad Dog Fred - Jonathan Harlen
- Duck - Janet Holmes
- Garden of the Purple Dragon - Carole Wilkinson
- Grim and Grimmer - Ian Irvine
- How to Train Your Dragon - Cressida Cowell
- Hunting for Dragons - Bruce Whatley
- Ishmael and The Hoops of Steel - Michael Bauer
- Mamang - Kim Scott and Iris Woods
- Mr Badger and the Big Surprise - Leigh Hobbs
- Nanny Piggins And The Rival Ringmaster - R. A. Spratt
- Operation Eiffel Tower - Elen Caldecott
- POD - Stephen Wallenfels
- Ruby Redfort: Look into my eyes - Lauren Child
- Stresshead - Allayne Webster
- The Invention of Hugo cabret - Brian Selznick
- The Little Refugee - Anh Do
- The Secret of the Swords - Frances Watts
- We Can Be Heroes - Catherine Bruton
- Wonderstruck - Brian Selznick